ER my Arse

Many many years ago, when I had time to do this sort of thing, I used to sit in a caf in South East London, drinking endless cups of cheap tea and basically chatting with whoever was at the table in conversations that often made about as much sense as those engaged in by the characters at the mad hatter's tea party (which depending on your point of view is either a lot or none at all.)

On one of these afternoons (they were rarely mornings...), I was introduced to Karen. I cannot remember for the life of me the content of that afternoon's conversation, but I do remember it was wide ranging and enjoyable. Our paths crossed many times while I lived in London, we shared many close mutual friends and it was always a joy to see her and catch up. Karen is one of those rare artists whose conceptual approach is as practical as it is intellectual.

After the recent global news events it was an absolute joy to hear of her latest project. So, if you are, like me, currently reeling from what she calls 'the brutality of reality' then please check out the video below.



Stamp duty : ER my arse from del che on Vimeo.




Karen will be opposite the Houses of Parliament, between 1-4pm on the 22nd & 29th March for a series of happenings and she's exhibiting at the Bird's Nest, 32 Deptford Church Street, SE8 4RZ until Sunday 3rd April. That's a pub, by the way...



No comments: