UK Elections

The UK Votes today. I wish I was in the country to see it although I'll be making a trip there next week for a big wedding of a close friend so I might be coming home to a fascinating political landscape, or a frightening one, or just the same old tired squabbling bunch of fools.

My Grandad jokes that above the door to Parliament in Westminster is a sign that reads "As concerned as I am with your problems, I'm doing alright thanks." That about sums up my attitude to most politicians too.

Anyway, John Harris of The Guardian has been doing a series on some of the political parties outside of the Liberal/Labour/Conservative mainstream which includes this one from Peckham in South London, where I lived for many years.




Oh and if you're voting today: Not the fucking Tories please.


No comments: