• Tiokasin Ghosthorse: Spoken Word Artist & Flautist (from the Cheyenne River Reservation)
• Gustavo Rodriguez: Singer/Guitarist/Filmmaker (Just got picked up by CBS!)
• The Band Peculiar Gentlemen
• Monique Jarvis: Spok'N Truth Artist & Blues Singer
• Raegan Truax: Singer/Songwriter
• Ricardo Perez-Gonzalez: Cabaret & Opera Singer
• By Emily Schiffer and Keisha Scarville will be available at a discounted rate ($40)
to view their work go to: http://emilyschiffer.com and http://keishascarville.com/splash.html
SO WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT ANYWAY?
Initially founded as a photography program for children on the Cheyenne River Reservation in South Dakota, My View Point has now expanded into a grassroots youth arts program that focuses on empowering youth through a wide spectrum of visual and performing arts. Founded by photographer Emily Schiffer, My View Point Creative Arts Program has served over 90 students (aged 6-20) since its creation in 2005.
SO WHY SHOULD I COME OUT?
There'll be $3 drinks, live music, art, and great people!
More about the space:
•Art LES NYC Studios, www.artlesnyc.com (run by Aaron Thompson) is a landmark Lower East Side Art Gallery
Thompson transformed the neglected outdoor space behind his apartment building into a vibrant outdoor art
•Art LES featured artist Tony Santana: Looking for Honesty
We have some exciting programs planned for this summer. Five visual and performing artists are volunteering their time to teach. They are flying out to the Reservation at their own expense. We'd like to raise money to pay for their tickets.
The will be teaching:
•photography (traditional darkroom and digital)
•song writing/ music
We'd love for you to come out on the 25th and show your support!! If you're not able to attend, you can still donate at: https://www.causes.com/fb/donations/new?cause_id=10304&fundraiser_id=2927534&m=cd56f
If you have questions, call Emily: 347. 451. 7095