Trevor Paglen: Limit Telephotography

I often like to round up the day with a dose of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report on Comedy Central so I was happy to see Colbert interview Trevor Paglen last week about his book 'I Could Tell You but Then You Would Have to Be Destroyed by Me'. I just looked at his website and found this interesting project: Limit Telephotography.

These are photographs taken with ridiculously long lenses of military installations. Rather than reveal hidden details, for me these just add to the secrecy surrounding these installations, showing me just how far the work being done here - with taxpayers money - is from being in the public domain. In fact, the government seems to take pride in the fact that it has these 'Black Budget' secret projects and that you don't know what goes on there...

Open Hanger, Cactus Flats. NV. Distance ~ 18 miles/ 10:04 am


Illuminated Hangars, Tonopah Test Range. NV. Distance ~ 18 miles/ 9:08 p.m


No comments: