alexei Vassiliev

I had a conversation with Lucy the other day about taking the aesthetic of some of the club photography I do out into the street and into portraiture. She has some great ideas about using available flourescent light, grain, blur, colour colour and more colour. I have done some street stuff that has similarities but the photographs from inside the clubs are a bit more successful I think. Here's a few examples.






Anyway, yesterday I came across the work of Alexei Vassiliev on the lens culture blog, who happens to have done exactly the thing we were talking about, more or less.

2 comments:

griffineyes said...

your club work is great... really dig the abstract color... never seen anything like it.


G: "Tom"
T: "whut... who in da @#$^& hell is that!"
G: "Tom it's God... Do nightclub photography."
T: "Uh OK... Fancy dropping me a dime or two for a new D3?"
G: ". . . . . . ."
T: "On second thought, I've been doin' fine wit my current rig."
G: "Good"

Tom White said...

cheers mate!

T: Actually God, thinking about that D3 request...