Pakistan


Tyler Hicks/The New York Times

The caption reads:

A slum in Karachi, the city worst hit by violence since Benazir Bhutto was assassinated last week, was relatively calm on Tuesday.


This photo was on the New York Times front page today. It made me stop walking. It looks like an aftermath to me. Or the calm before the gathering storm.

Very Eerie.



On a lighter note I remember being told numerous times never to have poles coming out of people's heads in photographs. Apparently no-one told Tyler!

1 comment:

Stephen Sidlo said...

yep I slash all my images with poles coming out their heads like a mad artist. I love the colours and moodyness that accompanies this image, its as if something is about to kick off again. I like this site, take a look at mine I have my own current writings on photojournalism and propaganda.

I'll link yours on my blog :)

Thanks
Ste


http://stephensidlo.blogspot.com